Veronica M. Garza
Denton, TX 76201
Bachelor of Arts Texas Woman’s University, Denton, TX 08/2008 – 05/2013
Art EC-12 (certified)
PPR EC-12 (certified)
Student Teacher- L.A. Nelson Elementary, Denton, TX
- Synthesized and implemented developmentally appropriate interdisciplinary art and design curriculum for Grades K-5
- Engaged students in developing a new relationship to math, history, and reading while cultivating art practices.
- Performed both formative and summative assessments
Student Teacher- Ronny W. Crownover Middle School, Corinth, TX
- Mentor teacher, Travis Drake
- Developed and implemented an interdisciplinary art and design curriculum and differentiated instruction for Basic and Foundation classes that aligned with the Grade Span Expectations for Visual Art and Design.
Practicum Co-Teacher- Rayzor Newton Elementary, Denton, TX
- Cooperative arts integration – 10 weeks – 30 Hour Project – partnering up with school community art teacher Kristin Williamson in Kindergarten through fifth grade classes.
Practicum Co-Teacher- Paloma Creek Elementary, Aubrey, TX
· Cooperative arts integration – 3 weeks – 15 Hour Project—
partnered up with community art teacher Monica Criswell in Kindergarten through fifth grade classes.
Practicum Co-Teacher- Ponder High and Middle school, Ponder, TX
- Cooperative arts integration – 3 weeks – 15 Hour Project—
partnered up with community art teacher Cecile Carson in Middle School/ High school grades 6th-12th
Substitute Teacher- Dr. Alejo Salinas Elementary, Hidalgo, TX
- Substitute teacher in a Title1 school, where the majority of the student population spoke Spanish. Substituted for classroom instructor in all grade levels, Kindergarten through fifth grade. Followed existing lesson plans in all curriculum areas in each grade level.
Teaching and Art Competencies
Fine Art – PRINTMAKING – intaglio, woodblock, lithography, photo etch | SCULPTURE – woodworking, metal, ceramics | INSTALLATION – public and gallery installations | PAINTING – oil, watercolor, acrylics | DRAWING – figure, mixed media, collage, landscape
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, After-affects, Adobe Acrobat