7th grade Middle School
POP ART, Roy Lichtenstein inspired comic strip art. ( students mixed primary colors to achieve secondary, and tertiary colors used within their comic )
6th grade Middle School
Students learned about the difference between foreground, middle ground, and background. The students were inspired by the floating world prints created by the Japanese artist Hokusai; a press was used to create the three different landscape monoprints.
3rd grade, Paul Klee inspired buildings
3rd grade, Indian Dhurrie rugs
- The students will become familiar with the history behind Indian Dhurrie Rug making and the hand woven techniques.
- Using contrasting colors, the students will arrange line and color to create maximum intensity in their own original Dhurrie rugs
5th grade, Carmen Lomas Garza inspired south texas landscape with prickly pear cactus.
• The students will be introduced to the chicano art of Carmen Lomas Garza
• The students will analyze the artwork of Carmen Lomas Garza to identify trees and plants native to South Texas.
• The students will identify, and become familiar with Cacti and its connection to Mexican American culture
• The students will create the horizon line inspired by the South Texas landscape depicted in Carmen Lomas Garza’s artwork.
• The students will use contrasting color, to create extreme intensity in their artwork.
2nd grade, Wassily Kandinsky inspired abstraction
- Students will analyze the life and art of Wassily Kandinsky
- Students will be able to recognize four different types of line
- Students will be able to recognize four different types of geometric shapes
- At the end of the lesson students will be able to produce an original artwork by incorporating three different types of line, and one geometric shape.
1st grade, study of emotions art project
- The students will analyze the artwork of Pablo Picasso; students will focus on the artists’ technique for capturing faces and his influence of African masks.
- The students will learn about the role color plays when depicting mood within in artwork.